Part Three: Substitution Drills 1. A: Can I help you? 2. A: Could you tell me where (his office/ the meeting room/ the copy machine) is, please? 3. A: Could you give him this (message/ report/ document), please? 4. A: What’s the matter? 5. A: I’m out of (paper/ staples/ folders). Do you have any more? 6. A: Can you meet this deadline? 7. A: Is Mr. Smith in his office? 8. A: I’m having some (trouble/ difficulties/ problems). Can you help me? 9. A: You look (tired/ exhausted/ busy). 10. A: The project was so (difficult/ time-consuming/ tedious).
B: Yes, is (Mr. Smith/ the director/ the manager) in his office?
能为您效劳吗?
哦,(史密斯先生/主管/经理)在办公室吗?
B: Sure. It’s just down the hall, on the right.
你能告诉我(他的办公室/会议室/复印机)在哪里吗?
当然。沿着这个厅走过去,在右边。
B: No problem.
你可以把这个(口讯/报告/文件)给他吗?
没问题。
B: How do I use this (copy machine/ fax machine/ hole-puncher)?
怎么了?
这个(复印机/传真机/打孔机)怎么用?
B: Here you are.
没(纸/订书针/文件夹)了,你还有吗?
给你吧。
B: Yes, I’ll have it finished by (tomorrow morning/ this afternoon/ Friday at 5pm).
你可以在规定期限完成吗?
可以,我会在(明天早上/今天下午/星期五5点)之前完成。
B: I’m sorry. He’s (in a meeting/ not at his desk right now/ out).
史密斯先生在办公室吗?
抱歉。他(正在开会/不在位子上/出去了)。
B: What do you need?
我遇到一些(麻烦/困难/难题)。 你可以帮我吗?
要我怎么帮?
B: Yeah, I’ve been working so much overtime lately.
你看上去很(累/疲倦/忙碌)。
是呀,我近来一直加班工作。
B: You shouldn’t work so hard.
这个项目很(难/花时间/枯燥乏味)。
你不要这么拼命工作。